Learn how to develop successful business cases
This Course will have you building robust and compelling business cases in no time.
Developing a business case can be challenging for those who have never done it. This course provides the knowledge and skills to create a robust business case and shorten its time to produce a final draft.
You will learn how to organize your work, what information is needed, when and how to use supporting considerations and justifications, and develop strong conclusions from your rationale.
Fully developed business cases are often indispensable in a competitive landscape where some projects are selected over others because of their ability to provide quantifiable value. Moreover, they have become so important that knowing how to do them at an expert level could get that promotion.
Meet your instructor
Develop your Business Case Skills
It's not just enough to have a good business case; you need to demonstrate the credibility of the information and analysis to justify your business case.
In the Business Cases Course, you will develop critical skills and build your business case expertise. We share five tools and methods for successfully developing the business case. You can also receive feedback from a Certified Management Consultant who can help you navigate a project related to your professional context.
Whether you're building a business case or want to improve your business case skills, our Business Case course teaches professionals from every industry how to develop clear, compelling cases that get results. The Business Case course is designed to help you improve your ability to create a persuasive business case. You will learn how to use the right language to describe the problem, define the objectives, identify the stakeholders, and quantify the risks and benefits.
- How to develop the plan for your business case project.
- How to identify the milestones and key activities.
- How to align your team using the business case canvas.
- How to make your business case project official by documenting it on the Business Case Canvas.
- Step 1 Confirming Your Business Opportunity
- Step 2 Analyzing and Developing the Shortlisted Options
- Step 3 Evaluating the Options
- Step 4 The Implementation Strategys
- Step 5 Presenting the Recommendations
- The four financial analysis techniques used in business cases.
- How to monetize the outcomes and benefits and quantify the financial value in business cases.
- How to quantify the value of an investment.
- How to calculate the ROI for a project.
- How to assess the financial benefits and costs of different options.
- We explore how to use Scenario Analysis and Sensitivity Analysis to increase the ROI of the business case.
- How to plan and manage the business case risks.
- How to identify and list the potential risks that may affect the project.
- How to quantify and manage the risks in business cases.
- How to develop and summarize the risk mitigation plan for each identified risk.
- We explore how to monetize the risks.
- How to use the Templates and the Business Case Workbook.
- Tips and insights to save you time in developing a solid business case.
- The different types of business cases.
- We will walk you through a set of business case examples to demonstrate how to justify the value a proposed innovation or project.
- We share tips and insights that you can use to help you articulate why the project is needed.
Discover why the Business Cases Course is the right course for you.
Learn how to develop a compelling business case that accurately communicates the value of your project to your stakeholders.
Watch this 3-minute video to get insight into the Course and what you can expect.
It’s an on-demand program platform for writing, developing and strengthening business cases:
My Business Case Hub is your dedicated course site to which you will have a login and password.
My Business Case Hub contains all program materials — syllabus, lesson, video content, readings, and activities.
You will have access to My Business-Case Hub for 365 days to use all the lessons, resources and new features.
Craig Peacock (PhD), Director Chase Consulting Group has over 25 years’ experience in strategy, innovation and business cases. Craig is a Certified Management Consultant (CMC) and a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC). He has been an Adjunct Teaching Fellow at Swinburne University of Technology.
We have available 30-minute complimentary Business Case Calls to help. Use your session as an opportunity for a deep dive into an aspect of the course so you can progress rapidly and get the most out of it.
Booking your Strategy Call is easy on our online booking page, just select a convenient time which suits you.
How much time does the Course take?
For the course to be successful, participants should invest at least six hours of their time. The course keeps your business case front of mind; it reduces time and gives you clarity on what makes business cases successful. The course sets you up to accelerate in the next phase of your business case journey.
Each course participant owns their intellectual property. Chase Consulting makes no claim to ownership of intellectual property (IP) resulting from the business opportunity and activities that it supports in the course.
Chase Consulting has helped its clients develop their business cases and innovations over the past 20 years, as per of our professional client consulting relationship and our Code of Ethics. Chase Consulting adheres to the Australian Institute of Management Consultants Code of Ethics.
The Business Case professional development is a certificate of completion for participants for improving their innovation and business skills.
All participants can apply for their Certificate of Completion after the Course. A small fee is applicable to cover the assessment costs.
Start today to learn how to write business cases with our professional business case course.
We get you started. We give you the tips, insights, best practices, worksheets and templates. We ask the right questions to keep you on track.
You will gain expertise and confidence in business case writing.
Immediate start after purchase.
Fully online, 24/7, to gain new knowledge and insights.
Seven day, no-questions-asked money back guarantee.
Secured checkout with the Stripe Payment Gateway.